Pastor Ellis came to faith in the Lord Jesus on June 12, 1982 at a men's Bible study. Although he started out on fire for Jesus, he would describe the first 20 years of his walk with God as 90% committed. The other 10% throughout those years would be the cause of great pain and loss. God used the pain and trials of his life to bring him to full commitment and service to Himself. Pastor Ellis' passion is for the lost, especially those who may be religious but do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and for Christians to experience the fullness of life that comes from total commitment to the Lord Jesus. His overwhelming desire is to live every second completely surrendered to the Lord who loves him and gave Himself to save him. Pastor Ellis is married to God's gift to him, Kellien. They have a blended family of four adult children and a growing number of grandchildren.
Pastor Todd Bales joined Calvary Chapel Northwest staff in 2021. Presently, Pastor Todd leads the Children's Ministry and also co-teaches Men's Bible Study as well as provides counseling. Both Pastor Todd and his wife Amy have served in a number of different ministry opportunities, including Usher and Greeter Ministry and MALTA medical, at Calvary Chapel San Antonio. Previously, Pastor Todd served as the pastor for Lighthouse Fellowship of Pacific Grove in California, a Calvary Chapel affiliate. Since moving to San Antonio in 2015, the Bales have been joined by their adult children, Christopher and Allison, as well as Allison's husband Joshua and their niece Kellie.